Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thank you for riding the... Light Rail.

That's the jingle I made up for the Light Rail. I think it should play every time the doors open. It's swingy, catchy, and easily stuck in your head. I'm sorry you can't hear me singing it right now...

So, with my days in Tempe being numbered, I've been thinking of things I want to do here before I leave. I've titled my adventures "Last days of Tempe", inspired by the "Last Days of Pompeii" celebration in The Music Man. Anyways, as I was mentally forming the list of things I wanted to do in my city, the only thing I could really think of was "ride the light rail". So, my dad and I rode the light rail on Thursday to downtown Phoenix, where we ate at a little deli. It was a nice little trip (the food was pretty good), but I definitely enjoyed spending time with dad the most.

Light rail? not so special. It was just like the bus, and I rode that enough times my first two years at ASU. Hence why I suggest the addition of a jingle. That would bump it up in coolness levels for sure. Nevertheless, I rode the light rail. Check.

Friday night Parks and Rec was showing "Kung Foo Panda" at Kiwanis Park as part of this family movie series. When I read about it a couple of weeks ago in the Tempe news, I thought "I'm definitely going to that". Free movie, picnic at the park, on my incredibly awesome new picnic blanket?-Yes, it was absolutely wonderful. If you haven't seen that movie, please do. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Hooray for fun things that are free and connect you to your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment